Skip to main content

THE MTV VMAs; A.K.A the JT Awards

LET'S TALK VMAs SHALL WE?
Oh my word I am SPEECHLESS! Justin Timberlake just killed it with an unforgettable performance at the MTV VMAs!!! I really felt like I was at a Justin Timberlake concert! PLUS THERE WAS A SURPRISE N'SYNC REUNION ON STAGE! My inner 90s girl was fainting!  Justin performed a ton of hits and had everyone out of their seats singing along and going crazy! Then to top it all off he won the "Video Vanguard Award," which was presented to him by funny man Jimmy Fallon. And won the coveted award for "Video Of The Year" for his hit song "Mirrors." It was so sweet, in his acceptance speech he said the song/ video were inspired by his grandparents and he dedicated the award to his grand mom. With this performance, Justin reminded everyone what a true music artist and performer looks like! He left me speechless. It was incredible.

Earlier on, Lady GaGa opened the show performing her song "Applause." she was crazy as usual. I just never get GaGa,  her stuff is too out there for me I guess. She always tries to be so out there where its to the point that its just ridiculous. After having hip surgery she sure could run around that stage and she even flashed major skin in her risque costume.

Then next up in the show Miley Cyrus twerked all over the stage performing her hit summer single "We Can't Stop." Then Robin Thicke surprised everyone when he came out and joined Miley while they sang his hit song "Blurred Lines!"  Robin's voice is just angelic! Miley, on the other hand, is just trying SO hard to have this bad girl image where it honestly looks like its getting exhausting LOL. She was dancing so dirty on stage, dressed half naked... I was questioning if it was even LEGAL!?  The performance got a lot of negative reactions according to my Twitter timeline and Facebook news feed!  I thought she went the full nine yards on the crazy train and didn't hold back at all, it was hilarious!! She went so overboard acting dirty on stage so we would all be shocked and talk about it the next day, and that's exactly what we are going to do! Twerking Teddy Bears and Miley BEARing it all! What a performance, that left us all shocked (and kind of grossed out)!

One Direction went up against "We Cant Stop" by Miley Cyrus, Daft Punk's "Get Lucky," and Robin Thicke's song "Blurred Lines. One Direction beat out the tough competition and won the award for "Best Song Of The Summer" with their catchy tune "Best Song Ever."

Kanye West performed...3/4 of it was bleeped out..so at least i think he was performing? It was a total yawn to be honest. But I'm sure all the Kardashians will be telling Kanye and all their fan base the contrary.

My favorite part of the show was when the camera would secretly flash on celebrities in the audience during different performers and presenters, so we could see their real reactions. DID YOU SEE T- SWIFT'S DISGUSTED FACE WHEN HARRY STYLES WAS TALKING ON STAGE!? HAHA It was so obvious she was doing some major trash talking to her BFF Selena Gomez about the former flame. Speaking of One Direction every time the camera flashed on them in the audience during different performances they always looked either bored or confused by it all. Welcome to America my cute little British crumpets! We can be a little over the top here.

Overall it was an OK show. It was at an all time high when Justin Timberlake gave that outstanding roof- blowing performance and the crowd was treated to the two second long N'Sync reunion. But after that it was nothing too special. JT's performance was hard to top and nothing could have really  shocked us anymore, because we were still recovering from dirty bird Miley's performance. For the first time ever, there was nothing that stood out in the red carpet crazy fashion department of VMAs like there normally is. Better luck next year MTV!

What were YOUR thoughts on the VMAs? Who were your favorite performances? What was your favorite part or outfit? Share your thoughts in the comments below!:) 

Xoxo.

Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke performing "Blurred Lines":

Everyone watching Miley's performance:

Justin Timberlake and surprise reunion with N'Sync:

Watch some of Justin's performance here: http://youtu.be/qo6joWVSV_I

Some of the celeb fashions at the show:

Selena Gomez at the 2013 MTV VMA Press Room.
 
Miley Cyrus backstage at the 2013 MTV VMA’s.

Rihanna & Will Smith at the 2013 MTV VMA’s.

Taylor Swift at the 2013 MTV VMA’s in Brooklyn.

Lady Gaga at the 2013 MTV VMA’s in Brooklyn.

Ciara at the 2013 MTV VMA’s in Brooklyn.
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mocha Cake With Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream

Previously Pop Culture Primadonna I've decided to tweak my blog a little bit to focus mainly on my two passions: fashion and baking! So welcome to the new blog: Frosting and Fashion!  To celebrate this update, I thought I would kick things off with something a little fancy! As I was searching through Pinterest recipes, with a bad case of Italy on the brain anxiously awaiting my Italy trip in October, I decided to spend my Saturday night whipping up a Mocha Cake with Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream totally from scratch!  It sounds super fancy and impressive but the  recipe is kind of easy (shhh!). It's easier than you think to have  la dolce vita;) The cake turned out great for my first time making it and it's currently getting devoured by my family lol. The Italian meringue buttercream is what's getting commented on the most because it's so yummy and its literally like a cloud- so light and different from your norm frosting! For the mocha cake: 1 2/3 ...

The Future Is Exciting When You're Following Your Dreams!

 I'm going into my senior year of college as a Communications major. Entering into college, it was nerve-wrecking having to categorize yourself almost immediately into a major which will define your main career choice for the rest of your life. It was a toss up between early childhood education and communications. I thought to myself " I love kids and am good with them, and a teaching job will be guaranteed  and more practical." I was wishy-washy about being a communications  major when I began college because, now looking back at it, I didn't fully understand the major. As I became a junior and started going out in the classroom, I began to realize how I didn't want to become a teacher. It started to sink how I would be stuck in a classroom all day every day! I've done it for 15 years, I don't want to do it for the rest of my life!!! LOL. Also my mind started to weigh heavily on me that I should take the leap of faith and go after my real dreams while I...

2 Fashion MUST HAVES to Spice Up Your Fall Wardrobe!

    Fall is a perfect time for trying out new styles and trends when it comes to fashion, because we are making that inevitable transition from summer weather to cooler temps! As I began to drown myself in fashion magazines to get educated on any new trends for this fall, two items stood out to me: A (faux!) leather jacket and an over sized army jacket. I noticed how so many celebrities in young Hollywood whose style I get inspired by, like Vanessa Hudgens, PLL star Ashley Benson, and Rihanna (just to name a few), have been seen rocking these two items with their street style of lately. Once I get something in my head I HAVE to buy it! Some call it a shopaholic, I call it helping the economy while staying trendy- its a win/win. :)     So naturally after focusing in on the leather jacket and military jacket, I went on a hunt to find them. The great thing about these two jackets is that they're solid in color so they can easily be added to any outfit without worryin...