Skip to main content

"Anyone can cook!"

Tonight I made ratatouille (inspired by the Disney movie, duh!) for dinner for my family! It was made with all fresh ingredients, and vegetarian friendly for all the veg-heads out there;) It was a perfect light summer dish. I found a recipe on Pinterest for it but tweaked it a little. Here's how I made it:
1 large eggplant
1 zucchini 
1 yellow squash 
1/2 of a large onion
2 tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic (chopped fine)
Olive oil
Salt, pepper, & basil for taste

Set your oven to 350 degrees. Coat the inside of a casserole dish with olive oil. Cook down the tomatoes with some of the garlic, a pinch of basil, and olive oil in a pan. Then spread half of it in the bottom of the casserole dish. Then slice the eggplant, zucchini, squash, and onions and distribute them in a pattern around the dish. Then drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil on top of it, and top with the other half of the tomatoes. Then sprinkle with the chopped garlic, slant, and pepper. Then cover the casserole dish with the lid and put in the oven for 45 minutes, or more until the vegetables get soft and fully cooked. I recommend serving it with a nice crusty loaf of bread! Mhmmm delicious!

And voila! It's as easy as that! You're a chef just like in the movie "Ratatouille," only you don't have a pet rat named Remi on your shoulder helping you out with the dish! ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mocha Cake With Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream

Previously Pop Culture Primadonna I've decided to tweak my blog a little bit to focus mainly on my two passions: fashion and baking! So welcome to the new blog: Frosting and Fashion!  To celebrate this update, I thought I would kick things off with something a little fancy! As I was searching through Pinterest recipes, with a bad case of Italy on the brain anxiously awaiting my Italy trip in October, I decided to spend my Saturday night whipping up a Mocha Cake with Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream totally from scratch!  It sounds super fancy and impressive but the  recipe is kind of easy (shhh!). It's easier than you think to have  la dolce vita;) The cake turned out great for my first time making it and it's currently getting devoured by my family lol. The Italian meringue buttercream is what's getting commented on the most because it's so yummy and its literally like a cloud- so light and different from your norm frosting! For the mocha cake: 1 2/3 ...

The Future Is Exciting When You're Following Your Dreams!

 I'm going into my senior year of college as a Communications major. Entering into college, it was nerve-wrecking having to categorize yourself almost immediately into a major which will define your main career choice for the rest of your life. It was a toss up between early childhood education and communications. I thought to myself " I love kids and am good with them, and a teaching job will be guaranteed  and more practical." I was wishy-washy about being a communications  major when I began college because, now looking back at it, I didn't fully understand the major. As I became a junior and started going out in the classroom, I began to realize how I didn't want to become a teacher. It started to sink how I would be stuck in a classroom all day every day! I've done it for 15 years, I don't want to do it for the rest of my life!!! LOL. Also my mind started to weigh heavily on me that I should take the leap of faith and go after my real dreams while I...

Perfect Pool Day Essentials!

Summertime and the livin is easy! With a high of 80 degrees and no schedule for the day, I decided to lounge poolside with my main girl Pearl. It was the perfect day of resting and relaxation! Instead of working in the office, I got to work on my tan. My soul was at ease and my mind was clear, as the sunshine beamed down on my face all day long:) See, not all Mondays are awful! Some of my essentials for the perfect pool day are: 1. A cute beach bag to carry all my items 2. A fun colorful pair of sunnies 3. My Red Stojo Cup - Makes staying hydrated so easy. It conveniently collapses into a leak proof disk to stick in your bag when you're finished. It's so perf for your pool side sips! 4. Sunscreen to develop the perfect tan, without the harmful rays 5. A good book- I'm currently reading "Treasure Yourself" by Miranda Kerr 5. My Polaroid camera with cute film 6. Glamour Dolls Lip Jelly- it conditions my lips in the sun and it's only $3.99...C...