Skip to main content

Trendy, Tribal, and Totally Easy!

Who else is into the nail art trend!? With this trend, the crazier the nails the better! Every celebrity tries to top each other on the red carpets with their wild art on their nails! I'm no manicure professional, but I'm always trying out new design ideas on my claws! It's a cool trend because you get to showcase your personality and have your own unique mani!! Tonight I created a simple tribal design on my nails with bright colors, that is sure to catch people's attention for starting back to school! Here's how you can re-create this simple, trendy, statement tribal look:

First I painted my nails with a base color of China Glaze" in the color Flip Flop (this summer's HOT color! It's been flying off the shelves!) and then painted an accent nail with "Essie" in the color turquoise& Caicos. 

Then I took four polishes: a lime green ("POP" loud lime), a purple ("ULTA" tutu cute), a yellow nail art polish, and a white nail art pen ("Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen" pearly white)  
Here is where your art skills come out to play!  I  just drew simple patterns (using a toothpick for the regular nail polishes) with squiggly lines and dots using the different colors on each nail! 

Then I finished with a clear top coat to keep my nails from chipping! Then when they were  dry, I went around the edges of my nails with a q-tip with acetone to remove as much excess polish from around the nails as possible.

There you have it as simple as that! 

I want to hear from YOU! Have you ever tried out any awesome nail design ideas that wowed the crowd? Share them with me in the comment section below!!! And let me know if you tried out this tribal mani on yourself!
Xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mocha Cake With Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream

Previously Pop Culture Primadonna I've decided to tweak my blog a little bit to focus mainly on my two passions: fashion and baking! So welcome to the new blog: Frosting and Fashion!  To celebrate this update, I thought I would kick things off with something a little fancy! As I was searching through Pinterest recipes, with a bad case of Italy on the brain anxiously awaiting my Italy trip in October, I decided to spend my Saturday night whipping up a Mocha Cake with Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream totally from scratch!  It sounds super fancy and impressive but the  recipe is kind of easy (shhh!). It's easier than you think to have  la dolce vita;) The cake turned out great for my first time making it and it's currently getting devoured by my family lol. The Italian meringue buttercream is what's getting commented on the most because it's so yummy and its literally like a cloud- so light and different from your norm frosting! For the mocha cake: 1 2/3 ...

Fancy Schmancy Weekend Eats

I have a habit of working my birthday for weeks after the actual day. I don't have just a single birthDAY, I have an unofficial "birth month." Even though I turned 25 the previous weekend, the quarter of a century celebrations continued into this weekend. You're only 25 once. 😇 I love eating food that's visually pleasing as well as pleasing to the taste buds. My family and I went to the Hotel Dupont, which delivered on those standards. We ate in the Green Room, which looked like a room straight out of the Titanic. The room had gigantic chandeliers, larger- than- life velvet curtains, and fresh- cut flowers on every table, all while a pianist plays music while you eat. Two words- fancy schmancy ! It was the height of classy and luxurious, and the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion.  For an appetizer I ordered a glass of champagne...and pan seared sea- scallops with blueberry pureé and cheddar grits...sounds like an odd combo but it was so fresh and...

The Future Is Exciting When You're Following Your Dreams!

 I'm going into my senior year of college as a Communications major. Entering into college, it was nerve-wrecking having to categorize yourself almost immediately into a major which will define your main career choice for the rest of your life. It was a toss up between early childhood education and communications. I thought to myself " I love kids and am good with them, and a teaching job will be guaranteed  and more practical." I was wishy-washy about being a communications  major when I began college because, now looking back at it, I didn't fully understand the major. As I became a junior and started going out in the classroom, I began to realize how I didn't want to become a teacher. It started to sink how I would be stuck in a classroom all day every day! I've done it for 15 years, I don't want to do it for the rest of my life!!! LOL. Also my mind started to weigh heavily on me that I should take the leap of faith and go after my real dreams while I...