Skip to main content

My 1st Delco Beautorial: Ooh La La!

Bonjour! Sorry it's been  a while since I last posted!

I was feeling very French inspired today! It could have just been because my sweater says "ooh la la" on it, or the fact that I've been randomly craving french macarons for the past 24 hours.. Who knows!

On my way home from work I made a quick detour to Crêperie Béchamel in Wayne to pick up some macarons! Randomly getting French macarons on a Thursday... Who do I think I am Blair Waldorf? In my defense, it's almost the weekend and I've made it this far in the week without oversleeping for work a single day, so like the saying goes "Treat yoself!"

It just so happens I recently purchased three of the NYX macaron lippies and I've been dying to try them out. This season is all about rocking unusual and bold lip colors so I wanted to try 3 out of the ordinary shades! I bought the colors Rose (Barbie pink), Earl Grey (light blue), and Pistachio (pastel green). So to go along with my French themed Thursday, I decided to test out the lipsticks as I snacked on pink macarons. I love them all, they're so pigmented and such fun cool shades! 

I feel like you have to keep your eye makeup very understated with these bold lip colors. The colors are so bright and highly pigmented so let them steal the show and be the main focus of this look. They're perfect colors for if you're feeling a bit daring this Easter and want a high bright pastel lip color to amp up your easter dress!

To do the simple eye look I used the Lorac Gold Unzipped palette. I put the shade "Uninhibited" all over my lid, highlighted under my brow and the inner corners of my eye with "Unlocked," and put "Unleashed" in the crease.

Then I used my new mascara obsession: Too Faced "Better Than Sex" mascara! This makes my lashes super long and full and it stays all day without fall out or smudges! I'm totes in love! Then I lined my water line with a black eyeliner.

Then here came the fun part... The macaron lippies!!!:

First is the shade Rose:
The matching pink macaron def gave this look a certain Je ne sais quois, don't ya think?;) 

Next is Earl Grey:
Why not get into the outlandish sweeet lip look and throw on a cute donut headband to go with it?!

Last one is Pistachio:
This green was very psychedelic!!! (JK I'm just so ready for summer so I can rock these sick new sunnies) It would be perfect for Saint Patrick's Day or just when you wanna look funky! 

There you have it, I hope you enjoyed my very first Delco Beautorial! It will be the first of many!

Whether you're in Paris, London, New York or just strolling around good ole Delco, don't ever be afraid to take risks and just have fun with your makeup! If you like it, wear it!:)

Thanks for reading! XOXO


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mocha Cake With Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream

Previously Pop Culture Primadonna I've decided to tweak my blog a little bit to focus mainly on my two passions: fashion and baking! So welcome to the new blog: Frosting and Fashion!  To celebrate this update, I thought I would kick things off with something a little fancy! As I was searching through Pinterest recipes, with a bad case of Italy on the brain anxiously awaiting my Italy trip in October, I decided to spend my Saturday night whipping up a Mocha Cake with Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream totally from scratch!  It sounds super fancy and impressive but the  recipe is kind of easy (shhh!). It's easier than you think to have  la dolce vita;) The cake turned out great for my first time making it and it's currently getting devoured by my family lol. The Italian meringue buttercream is what's getting commented on the most because it's so yummy and its literally like a cloud- so light and different from your norm frosting! For the mocha cake: 1 2/3 ...

The Future Is Exciting When You're Following Your Dreams!

 I'm going into my senior year of college as a Communications major. Entering into college, it was nerve-wrecking having to categorize yourself almost immediately into a major which will define your main career choice for the rest of your life. It was a toss up between early childhood education and communications. I thought to myself " I love kids and am good with them, and a teaching job will be guaranteed  and more practical." I was wishy-washy about being a communications  major when I began college because, now looking back at it, I didn't fully understand the major. As I became a junior and started going out in the classroom, I began to realize how I didn't want to become a teacher. It started to sink how I would be stuck in a classroom all day every day! I've done it for 15 years, I don't want to do it for the rest of my life!!! LOL. Also my mind started to weigh heavily on me that I should take the leap of faith and go after my real dreams while I...

Perfect Pool Day Essentials!

Summertime and the livin is easy! With a high of 80 degrees and no schedule for the day, I decided to lounge poolside with my main girl Pearl. It was the perfect day of resting and relaxation! Instead of working in the office, I got to work on my tan. My soul was at ease and my mind was clear, as the sunshine beamed down on my face all day long:) See, not all Mondays are awful! Some of my essentials for the perfect pool day are: 1. A cute beach bag to carry all my items 2. A fun colorful pair of sunnies 3. My Red Stojo Cup - Makes staying hydrated so easy. It conveniently collapses into a leak proof disk to stick in your bag when you're finished. It's so perf for your pool side sips! 4. Sunscreen to develop the perfect tan, without the harmful rays 5. A good book- I'm currently reading "Treasure Yourself" by Miranda Kerr 5. My Polaroid camera with cute film 6. Glamour Dolls Lip Jelly- it conditions my lips in the sun and it's only $3.99...C...