Skip to main content

Chef Delco: Fancy Truffle Pasta

Tonight I surprised my family with a new dish I created on the spur! I just had to share with you all because it was slammin'! I saw this bottle of truffle oil in our pantry and thought ooh fancy! It sounded different and I never cooked with it before, so I decided to be inventive with it! 

Estimated total cook time was 30-40 mins.
 I created the magical pasta dish as follows:

I cooked 1 1/2 cups of chopped fresh mushrooms, 2 shallots chopped long ways and thin, and 1 large clove of fresh garlic in a little less than 1/3 cup of truffle oil in a pan.

I cooked the penne as I let the mushrooms and shallots mixture simmer over low heat on the stove to cook through in the truffle oil.

After the pasta was cooked I drained it and returned it to the pot with about a table spoon of the starchy water still remaining in the pot.

Then I mixed in the mushroom and shallot mixture into the pasta, along with a cup of grated parmesan cheese, and an extra drizzle of the truffle oil. 

The finished product was delicious, and served best with a side of fresh Italian bread with Olive oil and cracked pepper to dip! The dish got awesome reviews from my family! There wasn't an ounce left over after dinner- which is always a good sign;) 

Try out the recipe for your family a night and let me know your thoughts!
Thanks for reading XOXO


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#OOTD

I've been really loving rompers the summer! They have so many cute ones out there, and they're totally cute and effortless! I got this one at Marshall's. I paired it with simple white wedges and some neon arm candy, to go with the neon embroidery at the neckline of the romper. It's perfect for a summer night out with your girlfriends!  What's your favorite fashion staple to rock this summer? Let me know in the comment section below!! Xoxo

Cyrus and Hemsworth #Is It Really Over?!

    It was back in the summer of 2009 that Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth fell in love on set while filming "The Last Song." It was my favorite kind of romance. I guess I am a hopeless romantic, because I live for real life relationships that blossom out of on screen love interests. I had so much hope for Miley and Liam because they always looked so in love, and the love seemed real. I remember being so excited when they announced their engagement in June 2012. Even though a lot off people thought it was premature for Cyrus, 19 and Hmsworth, 22 at the time. They were mature enough not to rush into marriage though and have a long engagement. There was no denying the couple was head over heels for each other. Little did we know Miley was soon going to let out all her demons at once to the public eye. Recently her stunts have been out of control, from her transition from pop princess to cutting all her of and publicly talking about things, let's just say, not so " Disn

Dîner en Blanc

Last night I attended the traditional D î ner en Blanc in Philly and it was simply beautiful. Over 5,000 attendees gathered with their white tables and chairs, dressed to impress in white head to toe, to eat, drink, and be merry with friends at this year's "secret location" Franklin Square. People munched on glittery fairy floss and sipped on champagne and Sauvignon Blanc, while dancing the night away and taking rides on the carousel. The night was fun, French, and fabulous! Inspired by a French tradition, places all over the world hold Dîner en Blanc each year and our city of brotherly love has grown to be the largest in attendance.  One outfit was more unique and angelic than the next, some added white body glitter, while others added a fancy hat to complete their white looks...some even added angel wings! Each guest had their own je ne sais quoi! Besides the outfits being show stoppers, guests adorned their table tops with the finest decor from crystals, to fairy l