Skip to main content

Chef Delco: Fancy Truffle Pasta

Tonight I surprised my family with a new dish I created on the spur! I just had to share with you all because it was slammin'! I saw this bottle of truffle oil in our pantry and thought ooh fancy! It sounded different and I never cooked with it before, so I decided to be inventive with it! 

Estimated total cook time was 30-40 mins.
 I created the magical pasta dish as follows:

I cooked 1 1/2 cups of chopped fresh mushrooms, 2 shallots chopped long ways and thin, and 1 large clove of fresh garlic in a little less than 1/3 cup of truffle oil in a pan.

I cooked the penne as I let the mushrooms and shallots mixture simmer over low heat on the stove to cook through in the truffle oil.

After the pasta was cooked I drained it and returned it to the pot with about a table spoon of the starchy water still remaining in the pot.

Then I mixed in the mushroom and shallot mixture into the pasta, along with a cup of grated parmesan cheese, and an extra drizzle of the truffle oil. 

The finished product was delicious, and served best with a side of fresh Italian bread with Olive oil and cracked pepper to dip! The dish got awesome reviews from my family! There wasn't an ounce left over after dinner- which is always a good sign;) 

Try out the recipe for your family a night and let me know your thoughts!
Thanks for reading XOXO


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mocha Cake With Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream

Previously Pop Culture Primadonna I've decided to tweak my blog a little bit to focus mainly on my two passions: fashion and baking! So welcome to the new blog: Frosting and Fashion!  To celebrate this update, I thought I would kick things off with something a little fancy! As I was searching through Pinterest recipes, with a bad case of Italy on the brain anxiously awaiting my Italy trip in October, I decided to spend my Saturday night whipping up a Mocha Cake with Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream totally from scratch!  It sounds super fancy and impressive but the  recipe is kind of easy (shhh!). It's easier than you think to have  la dolce vita;) The cake turned out great for my first time making it and it's currently getting devoured by my family lol. The Italian meringue buttercream is what's getting commented on the most because it's so yummy and its literally like a cloud- so light and different from your norm frosting! For the mocha cake: 1 2/3 ...

Fancy Schmancy Weekend Eats

I have a habit of working my birthday for weeks after the actual day. I don't have just a single birthDAY, I have an unofficial "birth month." Even though I turned 25 the previous weekend, the quarter of a century celebrations continued into this weekend. You're only 25 once. 😇 I love eating food that's visually pleasing as well as pleasing to the taste buds. My family and I went to the Hotel Dupont, which delivered on those standards. We ate in the Green Room, which looked like a room straight out of the Titanic. The room had gigantic chandeliers, larger- than- life velvet curtains, and fresh- cut flowers on every table, all while a pianist plays music while you eat. Two words- fancy schmancy ! It was the height of classy and luxurious, and the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion.  For an appetizer I ordered a glass of champagne...and pan seared sea- scallops with blueberry pureé and cheddar grits...sounds like an odd combo but it was so fresh and...

The Future Is Exciting When You're Following Your Dreams!

 I'm going into my senior year of college as a Communications major. Entering into college, it was nerve-wrecking having to categorize yourself almost immediately into a major which will define your main career choice for the rest of your life. It was a toss up between early childhood education and communications. I thought to myself " I love kids and am good with them, and a teaching job will be guaranteed  and more practical." I was wishy-washy about being a communications  major when I began college because, now looking back at it, I didn't fully understand the major. As I became a junior and started going out in the classroom, I began to realize how I didn't want to become a teacher. It started to sink how I would be stuck in a classroom all day every day! I've done it for 15 years, I don't want to do it for the rest of my life!!! LOL. Also my mind started to weigh heavily on me that I should take the leap of faith and go after my real dreams while I...