Skip to main content

Philly Fashion Week 2013 (the fashion, the gossip, the celebrity guests!)

  Last night My mom and I had the awesome opportunity to attend the Haute Couture fashion show which was the finale of Philly Fashion Week 2013! It was my first time attending Philly Fashion Week, and it was a fabulous experience. When I showed up at the Crane Arts building in North Philly I didn't know what to expect. As we went inside, it was a lot to take in. The sights were one of a kind. Everyone went ALL out and dressed to impress to show case their individuality and personal style. There were no limits as to the fashion risks that were taken last night.
     Guests were able to walk the red carpet with the Philly Fashion Week backdrop and get their picture taken. After the drinks and food were served and live music was drawing to an end  in the lobby area everyone moved into the main room and chose their seats around the runway and waited for the show to start.
    The fashions were seriously insane! It was my first time at a real runway show so I was just taking it all in and bursting with excitement! When I got inside I sat in the 2nd row right up next to the runway- talk about majorly cool!  I took a million pictures until my phone died. There were so many designers who had magnificent fashions that left the audience in awe. The collections were so high fashion, it was like being at a show at NYFW! It was even like NYFW the way the VIP guests sat in the front row next to the runway and the models weighed all of two pounds and never smiled!!
   If you haven't been to Philly Fashion Week I highly suggest you go at least once in your lifetime, because it is such a cool experience! This entire underground fashion world exists in Philly that we don't even realize. Philly Fashion Week brought together all the stylish people of Philadelphia who share a common bond of fashion. It was a night of food, friends, fun and FASHION! It doesn't get any better than that!
    Check out some of the photos I took at the Philly Fashion Week Haute Couture finale fashion show last night: 

INSIDE THE SHOW:




**Some big name celebrities also attended the show last night!!!:


First I spotted Miley Cyrus (&fully clothed for once):


Then I spotted one of the Olsen twins waiting for a drink (but no food):


Then I spotted Prince checking his weather app on his phone to see if it was gonna (purple) rain:

And finally I looked up and noticed I was standing in line behind the one and only, Nicki Minaj! Work it girl!:

LOL!!! Thanks for reading! XOXO.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mocha Cake With Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream

Previously Pop Culture Primadonna I've decided to tweak my blog a little bit to focus mainly on my two passions: fashion and baking! So welcome to the new blog: Frosting and Fashion!  To celebrate this update, I thought I would kick things off with something a little fancy! As I was searching through Pinterest recipes, with a bad case of Italy on the brain anxiously awaiting my Italy trip in October, I decided to spend my Saturday night whipping up a Mocha Cake with Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream totally from scratch!  It sounds super fancy and impressive but the  recipe is kind of easy (shhh!). It's easier than you think to have  la dolce vita;) The cake turned out great for my first time making it and it's currently getting devoured by my family lol. The Italian meringue buttercream is what's getting commented on the most because it's so yummy and its literally like a cloud- so light and different from your norm frosting! For the mocha cake: 1 2/3 ...

The Future Is Exciting When You're Following Your Dreams!

 I'm going into my senior year of college as a Communications major. Entering into college, it was nerve-wrecking having to categorize yourself almost immediately into a major which will define your main career choice for the rest of your life. It was a toss up between early childhood education and communications. I thought to myself " I love kids and am good with them, and a teaching job will be guaranteed  and more practical." I was wishy-washy about being a communications  major when I began college because, now looking back at it, I didn't fully understand the major. As I became a junior and started going out in the classroom, I began to realize how I didn't want to become a teacher. It started to sink how I would be stuck in a classroom all day every day! I've done it for 15 years, I don't want to do it for the rest of my life!!! LOL. Also my mind started to weigh heavily on me that I should take the leap of faith and go after my real dreams while I...

2 Fashion MUST HAVES to Spice Up Your Fall Wardrobe!

    Fall is a perfect time for trying out new styles and trends when it comes to fashion, because we are making that inevitable transition from summer weather to cooler temps! As I began to drown myself in fashion magazines to get educated on any new trends for this fall, two items stood out to me: A (faux!) leather jacket and an over sized army jacket. I noticed how so many celebrities in young Hollywood whose style I get inspired by, like Vanessa Hudgens, PLL star Ashley Benson, and Rihanna (just to name a few), have been seen rocking these two items with their street style of lately. Once I get something in my head I HAVE to buy it! Some call it a shopaholic, I call it helping the economy while staying trendy- its a win/win. :)     So naturally after focusing in on the leather jacket and military jacket, I went on a hunt to find them. The great thing about these two jackets is that they're solid in color so they can easily be added to any outfit without worryin...