Skip to main content

Fancy Schmancy Weekend Eats

I have a habit of working my birthday for weeks after the actual day. I don't have just a single birthDAY, I have an unofficial "birth month." Even though I turned 25 the previous weekend, the quarter of a century celebrations continued into this weekend. You're only 25 once. 😇

I love eating food that's visually pleasing as well as pleasing to the taste buds. My family and I went to the Hotel Dupont, which delivered on those standards. We ate in the Green Room, which looked like a room straight out of the Titanic. The room had gigantic chandeliers, larger- than- life velvet curtains, and fresh- cut flowers on every table, all while a pianist plays music while you eat. Two words- fancy schmancy! It was the height of classy and luxurious, and the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion. 

For an appetizer I ordered a glass of champagne...and pan seared sea- scallops with blueberry pureé and cheddar grits...sounds like an odd combo but it was so fresh and out-of-this-world! The main courses we all ordered were pan-seared tuna with corn vinaigrette, fennel and pepper salad, grilled New York strip steak with bleu cheese crumble, whipped potato, petite vegetables, and a port demi sauce, and duck breast on top of faro risotto, and fava beans. The dinner ended with Happy Birthday on the piano and a dark chocolate raspberry torte with fresh chocolate mousse and fresh berries. The Hotel DuPont was hands down one of the nicest places I have ever eaten, and it's definitely a special birthday dinner I will always remember.












Saturday night we traveled into the city to dine at Three Chef's Bistro, for fine Brazilian cuisine. Their menu ranged from eggplant bruschetta to Brazilian barbeque. The atmosphere was very modern and swanky. I munched on Parmesan truffle fries for an appetizer, and ordered the lobster bake which was one of their specials. It was a flavorful summer dish of fresh lobster, clams, and corn.  





Sunny summer Sundays were made for brunch. Terrain Cafe, is a favorite spot of mine whether it is for brunch, lunch, or dinner. The food has been scrumptious every single time no matter what I ordered, and there is just something about the whimsical atmosphere and being surrounded by fresh flowers and greenery that keeps me coming back for more. Or it could be that I am a sucker for latte art and bread being served in a terracotta pot with a side of fancy flavored butter... Whatever the case, I'm just obsessed with the ambiance and all of their innovative seasonal food combinations.

At brunch we ordered a terrain burger with Parmesan truffle fries (obviously a new kick discovered this weekend), corn gazpacho with fresh crab garnish, and brioche toast topped with whipped riccotta, fresh figs, honey, and marcona almonds. Compliments to the chef!




















This weekend I was surrounded by so much love, family, good vibes, and sinfully delicious food! I am forever grateful for my family for this weekend's celebrations and for all that they do year round.  Not a bad start to being 25; I am excited to see what the rest of the year brings! Be sure to check out any of these three spots next time you want to eat like a queen for a night or are feeling adventurous and want to try somewhere new to eat. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mocha Cake With Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream

Previously Pop Culture Primadonna I've decided to tweak my blog a little bit to focus mainly on my two passions: fashion and baking! So welcome to the new blog: Frosting and Fashion!  To celebrate this update, I thought I would kick things off with something a little fancy! As I was searching through Pinterest recipes, with a bad case of Italy on the brain anxiously awaiting my Italy trip in October, I decided to spend my Saturday night whipping up a Mocha Cake with Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream totally from scratch!  It sounds super fancy and impressive but the  recipe is kind of easy (shhh!). It's easier than you think to have  la dolce vita;) The cake turned out great for my first time making it and it's currently getting devoured by my family lol. The Italian meringue buttercream is what's getting commented on the most because it's so yummy and its literally like a cloud- so light and different from your norm frosting! For the mocha cake: 1 2/3 ...

2 Fashion MUST HAVES to Spice Up Your Fall Wardrobe!

    Fall is a perfect time for trying out new styles and trends when it comes to fashion, because we are making that inevitable transition from summer weather to cooler temps! As I began to drown myself in fashion magazines to get educated on any new trends for this fall, two items stood out to me: A (faux!) leather jacket and an over sized army jacket. I noticed how so many celebrities in young Hollywood whose style I get inspired by, like Vanessa Hudgens, PLL star Ashley Benson, and Rihanna (just to name a few), have been seen rocking these two items with their street style of lately. Once I get something in my head I HAVE to buy it! Some call it a shopaholic, I call it helping the economy while staying trendy- its a win/win. :)     So naturally after focusing in on the leather jacket and military jacket, I went on a hunt to find them. The great thing about these two jackets is that they're solid in color so they can easily be added to any outfit without worryin...

The Future Is Exciting When You're Following Your Dreams!

 I'm going into my senior year of college as a Communications major. Entering into college, it was nerve-wrecking having to categorize yourself almost immediately into a major which will define your main career choice for the rest of your life. It was a toss up between early childhood education and communications. I thought to myself " I love kids and am good with them, and a teaching job will be guaranteed  and more practical." I was wishy-washy about being a communications  major when I began college because, now looking back at it, I didn't fully understand the major. As I became a junior and started going out in the classroom, I began to realize how I didn't want to become a teacher. It started to sink how I would be stuck in a classroom all day every day! I've done it for 15 years, I don't want to do it for the rest of my life!!! LOL. Also my mind started to weigh heavily on me that I should take the leap of faith and go after my real dreams while I...