Skip to main content

2 Fashion MUST HAVES to Spice Up Your Fall Wardrobe!

    Fall is a perfect time for trying out new styles and trends when it comes to fashion, because we are making that inevitable transition from summer weather to cooler temps! As I began to drown myself in fashion magazines to get educated on any new trends for this fall, two items stood out to me: A (faux!) leather jacket and an over sized army jacket. I noticed how so many celebrities in young Hollywood whose style I get inspired by, like Vanessa Hudgens, PLL star Ashley Benson, and Rihanna (just to name a few), have been seen rocking these two items with their street style of lately. Once I get something in my head I HAVE to buy it! Some call it a shopaholic, I call it helping the economy while staying trendy- its a win/win. :)
    So naturally after focusing in on the leather jacket and military jacket, I went on a hunt to find them. The great thing about these two jackets is that they're solid in color so they can easily be added to any outfit without worrying about clashing! Both jackets instantly kick up the "cool factor" of the outfit you're wearing. A leather jacket gives any outfit an edgy rocker feel. This might sound silly, but a leather jacket automatically gives you a little extra boost of confidence too! If you don't own one, definitely buy one and try it out! You'll be amazed how it can make you feel just a little extra fearless when you go out on a Saturday night for drinks with your friends! A military jacket is another simple way to add some extra style points to your outfit. Its a perfect item to wear to school because of its neutral color so its not "too much" and its a functional third piece for when it gets chilly in the classroom. You can keep warm while looking cute and comfortable in class! 
    There you have it, two inexpensive pieces to add to your wardrobe this fall to keep you trendy and to take your outfit to the next level. In the photos below you can see how I took my simple outfit of denim shorts and a basic black tee and jazzed it up with one easy step of adding one of these jackets. These two jackets make it effortless to stylishly transition from summer into fall this season!
    What are YOUR fashion must haves for this fall? Are there any trends you are loving/ hating? Any that you're just DYING to try? Share your fall fashion faves with me in the comment section below!!!
Xoxo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mocha Cake With Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream

Previously Pop Culture Primadonna I've decided to tweak my blog a little bit to focus mainly on my two passions: fashion and baking! So welcome to the new blog: Frosting and Fashion!  To celebrate this update, I thought I would kick things off with something a little fancy! As I was searching through Pinterest recipes, with a bad case of Italy on the brain anxiously awaiting my Italy trip in October, I decided to spend my Saturday night whipping up a Mocha Cake with Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream totally from scratch!  It sounds super fancy and impressive but the  recipe is kind of easy (shhh!). It's easier than you think to have  la dolce vita;) The cake turned out great for my first time making it and it's currently getting devoured by my family lol. The Italian meringue buttercream is what's getting commented on the most because it's so yummy and its literally like a cloud- so light and different from your norm frosting! For the mocha cake: 1 2/3 ...

The Future Is Exciting When You're Following Your Dreams!

 I'm going into my senior year of college as a Communications major. Entering into college, it was nerve-wrecking having to categorize yourself almost immediately into a major which will define your main career choice for the rest of your life. It was a toss up between early childhood education and communications. I thought to myself " I love kids and am good with them, and a teaching job will be guaranteed  and more practical." I was wishy-washy about being a communications  major when I began college because, now looking back at it, I didn't fully understand the major. As I became a junior and started going out in the classroom, I began to realize how I didn't want to become a teacher. It started to sink how I would be stuck in a classroom all day every day! I've done it for 15 years, I don't want to do it for the rest of my life!!! LOL. Also my mind started to weigh heavily on me that I should take the leap of faith and go after my real dreams while I...

Be Brave, Believe, and Breath.

     I figured I better make a new blog post, since I haven't blogged since last year....get it? Ha ha. ANYWAYS..      I was on Tumblr today and came across this little gem. It came from this Tumblr blog I follow called The Quiet Rabbit, and it's filled with cute little positive sayings and quotes. I thought this one was some great food for thought as we venture into this new year. The world moves at such an unbelievable fast pace, and we're all working towards following our dreams and becoming the best person we can be. As we're working to achieve greatness, we just need to remember that all good things take time and we need to remind ourselves to "be brave, believe, and breath."      Let's make 2014 a year without fear! Wake up each day with the thought that something amazing will happen, and it will! Not to sound like a fortune cookie but, spread positive vibes and love to all those around you and do all things with kindness, and great...