Skip to main content

Cyrus and Hemsworth #Is It Really Over?!

    It was back in the summer of 2009 that Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth fell in love on set while filming "The Last Song." It was my favorite kind of romance. I guess I am a hopeless romantic, because I live for real life relationships that blossom out of on screen love interests. I had so much hope for Miley and Liam because they always looked so in love, and the love seemed real. I remember being so excited when they announced their engagement in June 2012. Even though a lot off people thought it was premature for Cyrus, 19 and Hmsworth, 22 at the time. They were mature enough not to rush into marriage though and have a long engagement. There was no denying the couple was head over heels for each other. Little did we know Miley was soon going to let out all her demons at once to the public eye. Recently her stunts have been out of control, from her transition from pop princess to cutting all her of and publicly talking about things, let's just say, not so "Disney appropriate." Then she really stunned us all with her raunchy MTV VMA performance this year. It just seems like she's shoving this "New Miley" bad girl image down America's throats all at once. It's a lot to handle. Even for her fiance Liam Hemsworth. 
    Rumors of the couple's relationship being on the rocks have recently been making headlines in the news. There were also rumors Liam and actress/ model January Jones were hooking up and seen leaving a hotel together in February 2013. I didn't want to believe any of it was true! I had such hope for Miley and Liam's relationship. After being together for years, I thought their love would be stronger than the tabloids and rumor mills. 
   Miley recently released her music video for her single "Wrecking Ball" which the singer appears naked, swinging on a wrecking ball, crying, and making out with a sledge hammer. Most of us reacted the same when first watching it, thinking what happened to Miley, WHY is she acting like this?! She needs to have some self respect and doesn't need to be flaunting her "goods" 24/7! Miley reacted to the negative comments by putting out a statement to explain the real meaning behind the music video. Since we all must have been a little distracted by her...um..birthday suit costume choice in the video, to pay attention to the heart breaking meaning BEHIND the video.
    Today Miley unfollowed her fiance Liam on twitter. This made the gossip sites swirl with stories about the couple. As if Miley speaking out about the meaning behind her Wrecking Ball music video not being depressing enough, she had to go and unfollow him on twitter! Does this make things officially over for Cyrus and Hemsworth? Is this young love coming to a tragic end? I hope it was just a hiccup on the social media site, and Miley didn't really go to his page and unfollow him. (I know I am just kidding myself!) I just hate to see them really break up for good. First  HSM sweethearts, Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens and now Liam and Miley?! I'm loosing hope in celebrity love. Sigh...
Here is Miley's "Wrecking Ball" explanation: 

Those were the days..Miss them...:



What are YOUR thoughts on Miley's new image and her Wrecking Ball video? Are you happy you might get to have the "Hunger Games" Hunk Liam Hemsworth all to yourself again or are you sad him and Miley are splitting up? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!

Xoxo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mocha Cake With Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream

Previously Pop Culture Primadonna I've decided to tweak my blog a little bit to focus mainly on my two passions: fashion and baking! So welcome to the new blog: Frosting and Fashion!  To celebrate this update, I thought I would kick things off with something a little fancy! As I was searching through Pinterest recipes, with a bad case of Italy on the brain anxiously awaiting my Italy trip in October, I decided to spend my Saturday night whipping up a Mocha Cake with Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream totally from scratch!  It sounds super fancy and impressive but the  recipe is kind of easy (shhh!). It's easier than you think to have  la dolce vita;) The cake turned out great for my first time making it and it's currently getting devoured by my family lol. The Italian meringue buttercream is what's getting commented on the most because it's so yummy and its literally like a cloud- so light and different from your norm frosting! For the mocha cake: 1 2/3 ...

The Future Is Exciting When You're Following Your Dreams!

 I'm going into my senior year of college as a Communications major. Entering into college, it was nerve-wrecking having to categorize yourself almost immediately into a major which will define your main career choice for the rest of your life. It was a toss up between early childhood education and communications. I thought to myself " I love kids and am good with them, and a teaching job will be guaranteed  and more practical." I was wishy-washy about being a communications  major when I began college because, now looking back at it, I didn't fully understand the major. As I became a junior and started going out in the classroom, I began to realize how I didn't want to become a teacher. It started to sink how I would be stuck in a classroom all day every day! I've done it for 15 years, I don't want to do it for the rest of my life!!! LOL. Also my mind started to weigh heavily on me that I should take the leap of faith and go after my real dreams while I...

2 Fashion MUST HAVES to Spice Up Your Fall Wardrobe!

    Fall is a perfect time for trying out new styles and trends when it comes to fashion, because we are making that inevitable transition from summer weather to cooler temps! As I began to drown myself in fashion magazines to get educated on any new trends for this fall, two items stood out to me: A (faux!) leather jacket and an over sized army jacket. I noticed how so many celebrities in young Hollywood whose style I get inspired by, like Vanessa Hudgens, PLL star Ashley Benson, and Rihanna (just to name a few), have been seen rocking these two items with their street style of lately. Once I get something in my head I HAVE to buy it! Some call it a shopaholic, I call it helping the economy while staying trendy- its a win/win. :)     So naturally after focusing in on the leather jacket and military jacket, I went on a hunt to find them. The great thing about these two jackets is that they're solid in color so they can easily be added to any outfit without worryin...