Skip to main content

Kicking off Summer from Spruce Street Harbor Park to South Street!

Last night I attended the Spruce Street Harbor Park kickoff party, which was my official kick off of Summer! 

I got to sip watermelon margaritas and eat ice cream from Franklin Fountain with my best friend💕 on the waterfront, sitting in the sand, with music playing, and minus the crowds... it was a perfect Thursday night. 

After we sampled the foods that will be featured at Harbor Park this season, and walked along the waterfront some, we took a little impromptu trip over to South Street to check out Eye's Gallery. I have been following Eye's Gallery on Instagram for a while, and have always been captivated by all of their colorful, cultural rich posts, and have been dying to go in-person. 

Eye's Gallery is a beautiful little gem hidden in the middle of South Street. The gallery is a majorly colorful bazaar and museum filled to the brim with Indian & Latin American folk art, jewelry & handmade gifts. One thing is cooler than the next as you walk through all three levels of the gallery. Each unique piece placed throughout the place has it's own story to tell. 

Eye's gallery is definitely a site to see, and I recommend next time you're in the city you stop in to visit! I know I will definitely be back to do some shopping, and maybe purchase a pair of funky silver earrings or a Frida Kahlo tee. 

It was a little impromptu early celebration of Cinco De Mayo with a couple of margs at Spruce Street and the Mexican folk art at Eye's Gallery.  😊

Every trip I ever take into Philly offers a unique and fun little adventure. I love visiting city staples as well as discovering new gems throughout our city! Philadelphia has it's own culture within itself, and I am in love with every part of it!

Here are the photos from yesterday's trip:




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mocha Cake With Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream

Previously Pop Culture Primadonna I've decided to tweak my blog a little bit to focus mainly on my two passions: fashion and baking! So welcome to the new blog: Frosting and Fashion!  To celebrate this update, I thought I would kick things off with something a little fancy! As I was searching through Pinterest recipes, with a bad case of Italy on the brain anxiously awaiting my Italy trip in October, I decided to spend my Saturday night whipping up a Mocha Cake with Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream totally from scratch!  It sounds super fancy and impressive but the  recipe is kind of easy (shhh!). It's easier than you think to have  la dolce vita;) The cake turned out great for my first time making it and it's currently getting devoured by my family lol. The Italian meringue buttercream is what's getting commented on the most because it's so yummy and its literally like a cloud- so light and different from your norm frosting! For the mocha cake: 1 2/3 ...

Fancy Schmancy Weekend Eats

I have a habit of working my birthday for weeks after the actual day. I don't have just a single birthDAY, I have an unofficial "birth month." Even though I turned 25 the previous weekend, the quarter of a century celebrations continued into this weekend. You're only 25 once. 😇 I love eating food that's visually pleasing as well as pleasing to the taste buds. My family and I went to the Hotel Dupont, which delivered on those standards. We ate in the Green Room, which looked like a room straight out of the Titanic. The room had gigantic chandeliers, larger- than- life velvet curtains, and fresh- cut flowers on every table, all while a pianist plays music while you eat. Two words- fancy schmancy ! It was the height of classy and luxurious, and the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion.  For an appetizer I ordered a glass of champagne...and pan seared sea- scallops with blueberry pureé and cheddar grits...sounds like an odd combo but it was so fresh and...

The Future Is Exciting When You're Following Your Dreams!

 I'm going into my senior year of college as a Communications major. Entering into college, it was nerve-wrecking having to categorize yourself almost immediately into a major which will define your main career choice for the rest of your life. It was a toss up between early childhood education and communications. I thought to myself " I love kids and am good with them, and a teaching job will be guaranteed  and more practical." I was wishy-washy about being a communications  major when I began college because, now looking back at it, I didn't fully understand the major. As I became a junior and started going out in the classroom, I began to realize how I didn't want to become a teacher. It started to sink how I would be stuck in a classroom all day every day! I've done it for 15 years, I don't want to do it for the rest of my life!!! LOL. Also my mind started to weigh heavily on me that I should take the leap of faith and go after my real dreams while I...