Skip to main content

New Things Happening at Summerfest 2018! Fun For Everyone!

Sunny days have us feeling like summer is just around the corner! Looking for a fun way to kick it off? Summerfest at Blue Cross RiverRink opens this weekend, and it supplies heaps of fun for the whole family!

 Penns Landing, more specifically Harbor Park, is a classic go- to spot for date night, hanging out with a group of friends, or a family outing. Most of the time you visit there though, you are just waiting around to snag a hammock or bummed because life size chess and Jenga are taken... well not this year. Summerfest at Penns Landing is supplying countless options for fun! Besides the delicious food choices, beer garden, roller skating, and mini golf, you can now also enjoy a ride on the Ferris wheel overlooking the water and roller rink, ride the carousel, or play numerous carnival games. Grab a PBR or Watermelon Mojito to help with your hand- eye coordination and shoot some hoops for a prize!

The warmer weather is finally here, so get outside and enjoy! Add Summerfest to your summer bucket list. You are guaranteed a fun night out in the city of brotherly love. More info on Summerfest here

Here are some photos from the fabulous Summerfest preview last night...


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mocha Cake With Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream

Previously Pop Culture Primadonna I've decided to tweak my blog a little bit to focus mainly on my two passions: fashion and baking! So welcome to the new blog: Frosting and Fashion!  To celebrate this update, I thought I would kick things off with something a little fancy! As I was searching through Pinterest recipes, with a bad case of Italy on the brain anxiously awaiting my Italy trip in October, I decided to spend my Saturday night whipping up a Mocha Cake with Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream totally from scratch!  It sounds super fancy and impressive but the  recipe is kind of easy (shhh!). It's easier than you think to have  la dolce vita;) The cake turned out great for my first time making it and it's currently getting devoured by my family lol. The Italian meringue buttercream is what's getting commented on the most because it's so yummy and its literally like a cloud- so light and different from your norm frosting! For the mocha cake: 1 2/3 ...

Fancy Schmancy Weekend Eats

I have a habit of working my birthday for weeks after the actual day. I don't have just a single birthDAY, I have an unofficial "birth month." Even though I turned 25 the previous weekend, the quarter of a century celebrations continued into this weekend. You're only 25 once. 😇 I love eating food that's visually pleasing as well as pleasing to the taste buds. My family and I went to the Hotel Dupont, which delivered on those standards. We ate in the Green Room, which looked like a room straight out of the Titanic. The room had gigantic chandeliers, larger- than- life velvet curtains, and fresh- cut flowers on every table, all while a pianist plays music while you eat. Two words- fancy schmancy ! It was the height of classy and luxurious, and the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion.  For an appetizer I ordered a glass of champagne...and pan seared sea- scallops with blueberry pureé and cheddar grits...sounds like an odd combo but it was so fresh and...

The Future Is Exciting When You're Following Your Dreams!

 I'm going into my senior year of college as a Communications major. Entering into college, it was nerve-wrecking having to categorize yourself almost immediately into a major which will define your main career choice for the rest of your life. It was a toss up between early childhood education and communications. I thought to myself " I love kids and am good with them, and a teaching job will be guaranteed  and more practical." I was wishy-washy about being a communications  major when I began college because, now looking back at it, I didn't fully understand the major. As I became a junior and started going out in the classroom, I began to realize how I didn't want to become a teacher. It started to sink how I would be stuck in a classroom all day every day! I've done it for 15 years, I don't want to do it for the rest of my life!!! LOL. Also my mind started to weigh heavily on me that I should take the leap of faith and go after my real dreams while I...