Skip to main content

Christmas Fun for Everyone!

I spent the chilly afternoon at Six Flags Great Adventure Holiday in the Park yesterday, to get into the holiday spirit. Tweety Bird, Bugs Bunny, and toy soldiers gathered around a ginormous decorated tree, and greeted everyone entering the park! Fake snow was falling down, as Christmas carols played throughout the park to welcome you into the whimsical wonderland.

The entire park was transformed into a Christmas oasis with Christmas lights, decorated trees, and holiday characters all over for photo-ops. Families gathered to keep warm and to roast marshmallows in the s'mores fire pits and sipped hot chocolate. Many other delicious holiday treats such as Christmas themed funnel cakes and yuletide brews were available throughout the park as well. You could eat, drink, and be merry while watching the holiday concert in the center of the park with specials guests like Santa Claus and Rudolph.

Be careful with your hot chocolate intake though if you plan on jumping onto adrenaline- rushing rides like the Superman, the Joker, or the Green Lantern. Those rides were rough, from what I can tell from the 5 seconds I kept my eyes open on them lol... I'll stick to the Ferris wheel, where it is more calm, and you can't beat the cool view of the entire lit up park.

If you are looking for some holiday- themed fun to do with your S.O., friends, or family, you should definitely go to Six Flags Great Adventure Holiday in the Park for the day because it is guaranteed fun for the whole crew and will surely put you in the holiday spirit!















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mocha Cake With Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream

Previously Pop Culture Primadonna I've decided to tweak my blog a little bit to focus mainly on my two passions: fashion and baking! So welcome to the new blog: Frosting and Fashion!  To celebrate this update, I thought I would kick things off with something a little fancy! As I was searching through Pinterest recipes, with a bad case of Italy on the brain anxiously awaiting my Italy trip in October, I decided to spend my Saturday night whipping up a Mocha Cake with Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream totally from scratch!  It sounds super fancy and impressive but the  recipe is kind of easy (shhh!). It's easier than you think to have  la dolce vita;) The cake turned out great for my first time making it and it's currently getting devoured by my family lol. The Italian meringue buttercream is what's getting commented on the most because it's so yummy and its literally like a cloud- so light and different from your norm frosting! For the mocha cake: 1 2/3 ...

Fancy Schmancy Weekend Eats

I have a habit of working my birthday for weeks after the actual day. I don't have just a single birthDAY, I have an unofficial "birth month." Even though I turned 25 the previous weekend, the quarter of a century celebrations continued into this weekend. You're only 25 once. 😇 I love eating food that's visually pleasing as well as pleasing to the taste buds. My family and I went to the Hotel Dupont, which delivered on those standards. We ate in the Green Room, which looked like a room straight out of the Titanic. The room had gigantic chandeliers, larger- than- life velvet curtains, and fresh- cut flowers on every table, all while a pianist plays music while you eat. Two words- fancy schmancy ! It was the height of classy and luxurious, and the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion.  For an appetizer I ordered a glass of champagne...and pan seared sea- scallops with blueberry pureé and cheddar grits...sounds like an odd combo but it was so fresh and...

The Future Is Exciting When You're Following Your Dreams!

 I'm going into my senior year of college as a Communications major. Entering into college, it was nerve-wrecking having to categorize yourself almost immediately into a major which will define your main career choice for the rest of your life. It was a toss up between early childhood education and communications. I thought to myself " I love kids and am good with them, and a teaching job will be guaranteed  and more practical." I was wishy-washy about being a communications  major when I began college because, now looking back at it, I didn't fully understand the major. As I became a junior and started going out in the classroom, I began to realize how I didn't want to become a teacher. It started to sink how I would be stuck in a classroom all day every day! I've done it for 15 years, I don't want to do it for the rest of my life!!! LOL. Also my mind started to weigh heavily on me that I should take the leap of faith and go after my real dreams while I...