Skip to main content

Flavors on the Avenue... Don't Miss Out!

Last night was a beautiful Spring night to walk along the famous East Passyunk Ave in South Philly, and taste all of the delicious flavors it offers, from Italian to Dutch!

Flavors on the Avenue is an annual event that brings the neighborhood’s top restaurants together for an outdoor celebration where visitors can sample dishes from more than two dozen of East Passyunk’s amazing eateries. Local shops and vendors along Passyunk Avenue will also be out on the street with great sales and deals for all to enjoy! The outdoor festival is perfect fun for all families and foodies.

Mark it down on your calendar April 30, 2017, so you don't miss out! For more information on the event, pricing, and the extensive list of food to be served to make you salivate, visit http://www.visiteastpassyunk.com/

My personal favorite stop on the tour was trying Malaysian street food for my first time, and sipping tarik tea A.K.A "pulled tea" at the tea bar inside Saté Kampar. I will definitely be making my way back to East Passyunk ASAP with my friends, to eat at some of the restaurants I tried last night, so they too can experience the fun atmosphere and the unique food and drinks! 

Here are some photos from last night's preview tour:


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mocha Cake With Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream

Previously Pop Culture Primadonna I've decided to tweak my blog a little bit to focus mainly on my two passions: fashion and baking! So welcome to the new blog: Frosting and Fashion!  To celebrate this update, I thought I would kick things off with something a little fancy! As I was searching through Pinterest recipes, with a bad case of Italy on the brain anxiously awaiting my Italy trip in October, I decided to spend my Saturday night whipping up a Mocha Cake with Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream totally from scratch!  It sounds super fancy and impressive but the  recipe is kind of easy (shhh!). It's easier than you think to have  la dolce vita;) The cake turned out great for my first time making it and it's currently getting devoured by my family lol. The Italian meringue buttercream is what's getting commented on the most because it's so yummy and its literally like a cloud- so light and different from your norm frosting! For the mocha cake: 1 2/3 ...

2 Fashion MUST HAVES to Spice Up Your Fall Wardrobe!

    Fall is a perfect time for trying out new styles and trends when it comes to fashion, because we are making that inevitable transition from summer weather to cooler temps! As I began to drown myself in fashion magazines to get educated on any new trends for this fall, two items stood out to me: A (faux!) leather jacket and an over sized army jacket. I noticed how so many celebrities in young Hollywood whose style I get inspired by, like Vanessa Hudgens, PLL star Ashley Benson, and Rihanna (just to name a few), have been seen rocking these two items with their street style of lately. Once I get something in my head I HAVE to buy it! Some call it a shopaholic, I call it helping the economy while staying trendy- its a win/win. :)     So naturally after focusing in on the leather jacket and military jacket, I went on a hunt to find them. The great thing about these two jackets is that they're solid in color so they can easily be added to any outfit without worryin...

The Future Is Exciting When You're Following Your Dreams!

 I'm going into my senior year of college as a Communications major. Entering into college, it was nerve-wrecking having to categorize yourself almost immediately into a major which will define your main career choice for the rest of your life. It was a toss up between early childhood education and communications. I thought to myself " I love kids and am good with them, and a teaching job will be guaranteed  and more practical." I was wishy-washy about being a communications  major when I began college because, now looking back at it, I didn't fully understand the major. As I became a junior and started going out in the classroom, I began to realize how I didn't want to become a teacher. It started to sink how I would be stuck in a classroom all day every day! I've done it for 15 years, I don't want to do it for the rest of my life!!! LOL. Also my mind started to weigh heavily on me that I should take the leap of faith and go after my real dreams while I...