Skip to main content

Getting Down 2 Motown At The Academy!

Last night I braced the cold weather and went on a mommy/ daughter date to see Motown the Musical at the Academy of Music in Philly. I love oldies music so I was excited, and it was cool to enjoy the show with my mom who grew up listening to the music! Motown the Musical told the behind the scenes story of how Motown Records all started and the journey and success of the record company, founded by Berry Gordy. It was interesting for me, as part of a younger generation, to find out the history behind the music I like to listen to!  The show featured many artists from The Supremes and Smokey Robinson to Stevie Wonder and Jackson Five! The entire cast was fantastic and the young boy, Reed Lorenzo Shannon, who played young Michael Jackson in Jackson Five was a stand-out! He was my favorite in the show, because I was amazed how he memorized all those songs and played the role of Michael with such precision! He was uber talented for such a young age. My mom and I, along with the rest of the audience had a fun time throughout the show singing and clapping along to classics such as "ABC" by the Jackson Five and "My Girl" by the Temptations. Overall it was a really fun night at the theatre gettin' down and funky with my mom at Motown the Musical!
 I've been singing "Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours!" all day today LOL. Be sure to catch the show while it's in town, January 6-18 at the Academy of Music. Tickets are available by calling 215-731-3333or online at kimmelcenter.org/broadway 
it's worth the dough to see Mo! LOL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mocha Cake With Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream

Previously Pop Culture Primadonna I've decided to tweak my blog a little bit to focus mainly on my two passions: fashion and baking! So welcome to the new blog: Frosting and Fashion!  To celebrate this update, I thought I would kick things off with something a little fancy! As I was searching through Pinterest recipes, with a bad case of Italy on the brain anxiously awaiting my Italy trip in October, I decided to spend my Saturday night whipping up a Mocha Cake with Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream totally from scratch!  It sounds super fancy and impressive but the  recipe is kind of easy (shhh!). It's easier than you think to have  la dolce vita;) The cake turned out great for my first time making it and it's currently getting devoured by my family lol. The Italian meringue buttercream is what's getting commented on the most because it's so yummy and its literally like a cloud- so light and different from your norm frosting! For the mocha cake: 1 2/3 ...

The Future Is Exciting When You're Following Your Dreams!

 I'm going into my senior year of college as a Communications major. Entering into college, it was nerve-wrecking having to categorize yourself almost immediately into a major which will define your main career choice for the rest of your life. It was a toss up between early childhood education and communications. I thought to myself " I love kids and am good with them, and a teaching job will be guaranteed  and more practical." I was wishy-washy about being a communications  major when I began college because, now looking back at it, I didn't fully understand the major. As I became a junior and started going out in the classroom, I began to realize how I didn't want to become a teacher. It started to sink how I would be stuck in a classroom all day every day! I've done it for 15 years, I don't want to do it for the rest of my life!!! LOL. Also my mind started to weigh heavily on me that I should take the leap of faith and go after my real dreams while I...

Perfect Pool Day Essentials!

Summertime and the livin is easy! With a high of 80 degrees and no schedule for the day, I decided to lounge poolside with my main girl Pearl. It was the perfect day of resting and relaxation! Instead of working in the office, I got to work on my tan. My soul was at ease and my mind was clear, as the sunshine beamed down on my face all day long:) See, not all Mondays are awful! Some of my essentials for the perfect pool day are: 1. A cute beach bag to carry all my items 2. A fun colorful pair of sunnies 3. My Red Stojo Cup - Makes staying hydrated so easy. It conveniently collapses into a leak proof disk to stick in your bag when you're finished. It's so perf for your pool side sips! 4. Sunscreen to develop the perfect tan, without the harmful rays 5. A good book- I'm currently reading "Treasure Yourself" by Miranda Kerr 5. My Polaroid camera with cute film 6. Glamour Dolls Lip Jelly- it conditions my lips in the sun and it's only $3.99...C...