Skip to main content

Philly Fashion Week 2016!

This year I was fortunate enough to attend yet another successful Philly Fashion Week. It was a fun night out with one of my bffs, because what compliments an outfit better than a friend by your side:) aww how cheesy LOL! 

The crowds came out to watch the show, and they were dressed to impress- which I wouldn't have expected anything less. We're in Philly, where anything goes and creativity takes the cake when it comes to fashion! The fashions on the runway were magnificent, innovative, and inspiring. Even NYFW creator, Fern Mallis, came out for the event and sat front row gazing upon Philly's unique style.
My favorite from the show was D Leak's unique take on fashion through bow ties! While watching the models with masks covering their faces walk down the runway, I thought to myself, how cool is that,to get to display your unique idea of strictly showcasing designer bow ties during PFW! Another runway favorite was Todd Anthony's collection. I love how super edgy the outfits were. After all that is a major key of fashion week, to be on the cutting edge and take risks!
Here are some photos from the PFW 2016:

My friend Aimee and I posing on the red carpet before the show!

These charming rabbits modeled some of the fanciest bow ties I've ever seen!
Models working the runway, as audience members stare in awe at the details.
This was so dope! It was giving me major Rih-Rih vibes!
This was classy and feminine! The perfect piece for brunch with your girlfriends or a special occasion.
It was literally a bloody good show!

Until next time... Stay chic! XO thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mocha Cake With Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream

Previously Pop Culture Primadonna I've decided to tweak my blog a little bit to focus mainly on my two passions: fashion and baking! So welcome to the new blog: Frosting and Fashion!  To celebrate this update, I thought I would kick things off with something a little fancy! As I was searching through Pinterest recipes, with a bad case of Italy on the brain anxiously awaiting my Italy trip in October, I decided to spend my Saturday night whipping up a Mocha Cake with Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream totally from scratch!  It sounds super fancy and impressive but the  recipe is kind of easy (shhh!). It's easier than you think to have  la dolce vita;) The cake turned out great for my first time making it and it's currently getting devoured by my family lol. The Italian meringue buttercream is what's getting commented on the most because it's so yummy and its literally like a cloud- so light and different from your norm frosting! For the mocha cake: 1 2/3 ...

The Future Is Exciting When You're Following Your Dreams!

 I'm going into my senior year of college as a Communications major. Entering into college, it was nerve-wrecking having to categorize yourself almost immediately into a major which will define your main career choice for the rest of your life. It was a toss up between early childhood education and communications. I thought to myself " I love kids and am good with them, and a teaching job will be guaranteed  and more practical." I was wishy-washy about being a communications  major when I began college because, now looking back at it, I didn't fully understand the major. As I became a junior and started going out in the classroom, I began to realize how I didn't want to become a teacher. It started to sink how I would be stuck in a classroom all day every day! I've done it for 15 years, I don't want to do it for the rest of my life!!! LOL. Also my mind started to weigh heavily on me that I should take the leap of faith and go after my real dreams while I...

Perfect Pool Day Essentials!

Summertime and the livin is easy! With a high of 80 degrees and no schedule for the day, I decided to lounge poolside with my main girl Pearl. It was the perfect day of resting and relaxation! Instead of working in the office, I got to work on my tan. My soul was at ease and my mind was clear, as the sunshine beamed down on my face all day long:) See, not all Mondays are awful! Some of my essentials for the perfect pool day are: 1. A cute beach bag to carry all my items 2. A fun colorful pair of sunnies 3. My Red Stojo Cup - Makes staying hydrated so easy. It conveniently collapses into a leak proof disk to stick in your bag when you're finished. It's so perf for your pool side sips! 4. Sunscreen to develop the perfect tan, without the harmful rays 5. A good book- I'm currently reading "Treasure Yourself" by Miranda Kerr 5. My Polaroid camera with cute film 6. Glamour Dolls Lip Jelly- it conditions my lips in the sun and it's only $3.99...C...