Skip to main content

The Secret to Flawlessly Pulling Off The Mixed- Patterns Fashion Trend!

    The weather has been crazy lately for October! Cold in the morning and night but reaching 80 degrees during the day! It's a constant conflict on how to dress appropriately for the bipolar weather! It's a perfect excuse to try to fit in all those summer pieces u bought near the end of August, and get at least one wear out of them before it turns cold 24/7 and you have to pack them away!
    Today I'm showing you how to mix summer and fall pieces and mix patterns, which is always a difficult trend to pull off, because you may feel silly like you don't match! The key to pulling off this mixed- pattern trend is to keep the details small and a bit understated and try to keep a matching color scheme with the outfit. I chose a blue sundress with a detailed bodice and a bold colored zig zag pattern right under the bodice right above the waist, and a blue, black, and cream colored  tribal print fringe blazer for over the dress. The jacket is the main pattern that draws in attention, and the simple pattern under the bodice on the solid colored dress doesn't make the outfit feel crazy and totally mismatched because it's understated compared to the jacket. 
    The main things to focus on while mixing patterns are these two tips: 1. Keep the patterns you're mixing simple, because if you have two big bold prints that are completely different you'll surely be fined by the fashion police ASAP! The 2nd tip for mastering this trend is to keep the patterns you're mixing within the same color scheme! This will ensure your outfit will all come together nicely in the end! 
    Outfit details:
Dress: Charlotte Russe ($10 what a steal!)
Jacket: "American Rag", Macy's
Necklace: Forever 21

Up close details of the mixing patterns:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mocha Cake With Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream

Previously Pop Culture Primadonna I've decided to tweak my blog a little bit to focus mainly on my two passions: fashion and baking! So welcome to the new blog: Frosting and Fashion!  To celebrate this update, I thought I would kick things off with something a little fancy! As I was searching through Pinterest recipes, with a bad case of Italy on the brain anxiously awaiting my Italy trip in October, I decided to spend my Saturday night whipping up a Mocha Cake with Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream totally from scratch!  It sounds super fancy and impressive but the  recipe is kind of easy (shhh!). It's easier than you think to have  la dolce vita;) The cake turned out great for my first time making it and it's currently getting devoured by my family lol. The Italian meringue buttercream is what's getting commented on the most because it's so yummy and its literally like a cloud- so light and different from your norm frosting! For the mocha cake: 1 2/3 ...

The Future Is Exciting When You're Following Your Dreams!

 I'm going into my senior year of college as a Communications major. Entering into college, it was nerve-wrecking having to categorize yourself almost immediately into a major which will define your main career choice for the rest of your life. It was a toss up between early childhood education and communications. I thought to myself " I love kids and am good with them, and a teaching job will be guaranteed  and more practical." I was wishy-washy about being a communications  major when I began college because, now looking back at it, I didn't fully understand the major. As I became a junior and started going out in the classroom, I began to realize how I didn't want to become a teacher. It started to sink how I would be stuck in a classroom all day every day! I've done it for 15 years, I don't want to do it for the rest of my life!!! LOL. Also my mind started to weigh heavily on me that I should take the leap of faith and go after my real dreams while I...

Perfect Pool Day Essentials!

Summertime and the livin is easy! With a high of 80 degrees and no schedule for the day, I decided to lounge poolside with my main girl Pearl. It was the perfect day of resting and relaxation! Instead of working in the office, I got to work on my tan. My soul was at ease and my mind was clear, as the sunshine beamed down on my face all day long:) See, not all Mondays are awful! Some of my essentials for the perfect pool day are: 1. A cute beach bag to carry all my items 2. A fun colorful pair of sunnies 3. My Red Stojo Cup - Makes staying hydrated so easy. It conveniently collapses into a leak proof disk to stick in your bag when you're finished. It's so perf for your pool side sips! 4. Sunscreen to develop the perfect tan, without the harmful rays 5. A good book- I'm currently reading "Treasure Yourself" by Miranda Kerr 5. My Polaroid camera with cute film 6. Glamour Dolls Lip Jelly- it conditions my lips in the sun and it's only $3.99...C...