Skip to main content

World Oceans Day 2017!


Today June 8th, is World Oceans Day, celebrating and raising awareness for my favorite place on earth. I could live at the beach. There is just something about the sun as my blanket, laying in the warm sand, listening to the waves crash, and smelling the salt air, that feels like home. I am my happiest and most tranquil when I am on the beach with my feet in the ocean. There is no greater bliss. My heart belongs to the sea. Today is an important day to me, because of course I want to keep my favorite place in tip-top shape 😁

Image result for bethany hamilton ocean quote


The theme of this year's world oceans day is "Our Ocean, Our Future." Today is a great day to help raise awareness to others and remind them that we need to take care and sustain our home, the earth, and keep our oceans clean. If we all make small changes, and become more conscious, it will all add up and make a difference and help save our magnificent oceans and all of the beautiful creatures living in them. 

Oceans are one of nature's most beautiful and extravagant wonders. Nothing is as calming and exciting as the sea.  

Visit www.worldoceansday.org to find out ways you can celebrate and raise awareness for our world's most precious resource! The website also informs us that oceans are very important because:
  • They generate most of the oxygen we breathe
  • They help feed us
  • They regulate our climate
  • They clean the water we drink
  • They offer a pharmacopoeia of medicines
  • They provide limitless inspiration!
Here are photos of some of the thousands of breathtaking oceans and beaches around the world...
Fiji Islands:
Fiji
The Pink Beach, Sardinia, Italy:

 The Pink Beach, Sardinia, Italy
Portugal:
Portugal

La Romana, Dominican Republic.:
La Romana, Dominican Republic.
The Great Barrier Reef, Australia - one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World One of the stops on our Big trip http://www.tipsfortravellers.com/bigtrip2014:
Great Barrier Reef, Australia
One of the most beautiful beaches in the world, Laguna Beach:
Laguna Beach, California
Wildwood, NJ
porto katsiki, lefkada, greece:
Greece
Siesta Key, FL:
Siesta Key, Florida
First day in Bondi Beach, Australia I had a little heartache when we boarded the plane from Wellington, New Zealand to Sydney, Australia. I felt like a teenager saying goodbye to a summer vacation crush, but it was time to cash in the hastily bought ticket at the airport in Tahiti and move onward with our journey. As it turns out, Bondi Beach is proving to be an excellent distraction.:
Bondi Beach, Australia 
Natural Pool, Puglia, Italy:
Crystal clear water in the natural pool / Puglia Italy
Makua Beach, Waianae, Oahu, Hawaii:
Makua Beach, Waianae, Oahu, Hawaii

Bora Bora Islands:
Bora Bora

Koh Phi Phi Don, Thailand // In need of a detox? 10% off using our discount code 'Pinterest10' at www.ThinTea.com.au:
Thailand
Baby Turtles Trek to the Sea:


This is ME! I LOVE the SEA  and OCEAN <3  April 11, 2017.:
  

save the mermaids - keep our oceans clean!:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mocha Cake With Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream

Previously Pop Culture Primadonna I've decided to tweak my blog a little bit to focus mainly on my two passions: fashion and baking! So welcome to the new blog: Frosting and Fashion!  To celebrate this update, I thought I would kick things off with something a little fancy! As I was searching through Pinterest recipes, with a bad case of Italy on the brain anxiously awaiting my Italy trip in October, I decided to spend my Saturday night whipping up a Mocha Cake with Nutella Italian Meringue Buttercream totally from scratch!  It sounds super fancy and impressive but the  recipe is kind of easy (shhh!). It's easier than you think to have  la dolce vita;) The cake turned out great for my first time making it and it's currently getting devoured by my family lol. The Italian meringue buttercream is what's getting commented on the most because it's so yummy and its literally like a cloud- so light and different from your norm frosting! For the mocha cake: 1 2/3 ...

2 Fashion MUST HAVES to Spice Up Your Fall Wardrobe!

    Fall is a perfect time for trying out new styles and trends when it comes to fashion, because we are making that inevitable transition from summer weather to cooler temps! As I began to drown myself in fashion magazines to get educated on any new trends for this fall, two items stood out to me: A (faux!) leather jacket and an over sized army jacket. I noticed how so many celebrities in young Hollywood whose style I get inspired by, like Vanessa Hudgens, PLL star Ashley Benson, and Rihanna (just to name a few), have been seen rocking these two items with their street style of lately. Once I get something in my head I HAVE to buy it! Some call it a shopaholic, I call it helping the economy while staying trendy- its a win/win. :)     So naturally after focusing in on the leather jacket and military jacket, I went on a hunt to find them. The great thing about these two jackets is that they're solid in color so they can easily be added to any outfit without worryin...

The Future Is Exciting When You're Following Your Dreams!

 I'm going into my senior year of college as a Communications major. Entering into college, it was nerve-wrecking having to categorize yourself almost immediately into a major which will define your main career choice for the rest of your life. It was a toss up between early childhood education and communications. I thought to myself " I love kids and am good with them, and a teaching job will be guaranteed  and more practical." I was wishy-washy about being a communications  major when I began college because, now looking back at it, I didn't fully understand the major. As I became a junior and started going out in the classroom, I began to realize how I didn't want to become a teacher. It started to sink how I would be stuck in a classroom all day every day! I've done it for 15 years, I don't want to do it for the rest of my life!!! LOL. Also my mind started to weigh heavily on me that I should take the leap of faith and go after my real dreams while I...